Thursday, May 7, 2009

One Life to Love...

Almost all of my thoughts stem from songs either current or from childhood. There is just something about music that speaks to my soul like nothing else. Today is no exception to the rule. I was listening to a song that I believe is actually called, "One Life to Love" today and down came the tears like rain. It talks about how we only get one shot at life and only one shot to find the thing we don't want to miss. In the Christian Aspect of it all, that One Thing is God's Love. Even more important to me is my expression or outpouring of God's Love.

I have had the awesome opportunity to make some great friends through an online forum this year, all of whom God has used to impact and change my life in one way or another. I grew up in the same church I am in now and have always had the same rigorous teaching that led me to think that God was angry with me all of the time and that I was only one mistake away from Him zapping me with His Mighty Hand. These ladies have helped open my eyes to see the Love of God like I have never seen before! I see more Jesus in them than I have seen in most people in my lifetime. They have loved me and prayed for me unconditionally and as a result, I can now see that God truly loves me and indeed has a plan for my life!

I have read a couple of books lately and read some things on missions and ministry that have totally changed my way of thinking. I want to use my one life to reflect God's Love to those who aren't as privileged as I am. I want to be "Jesus With Skin On" just like my friends are to me. I realize now that God lead me to the online forum, that it was not by accident that I got there, and that God led me to read the books and stories when I did. I realize that I have not been doing nearly enough for the Cause of Christ and that it is time to step up and show the same love to others that has been shown me.

So right now, I am just praying that God will lead me to someone that I can show His Love to, someone who is broken and hurting like I was. Though my life feels like chaos, I know that God is working in my heart and there is a strange peace that I know only comes from Him.

Father God, show me the way that you would have me go. Fear is not from You, and right now I am rebuking that fear and satan. Help me to use my "One Life to Love". In Your Sweet Name I pray...

4 comments:

LisaShaw said...

So good to see a post from you and especially one like this! Praise the Lord!

I bust into tears reading: "They have loved me and prayed for me unconditionally and as a result, I can now see that God truly loves me and indeed has a plan for my life!"

That's it! Knowing NOW that GOD truly loves you and has a plan for your life!!! Glory to God! My prayers for you since the Lord graced my life with the burden and privilege to pray for you has been for you to KNOW HIS LOVE in greater depths AND to know that He has a greater purpose for you. Your life is so valuable and important to GOD, the Kingdom, your family and to us!!

"Jesus with skin on" -- POWERFUL!

Yes FEAR IS NOT of GOD. He did not give us a spirit of fear but of love, power and sound mind. PRAISE THE LORD!

I will continue dear sister to pray for you. May you walk in the way that He leads you.

I pray this Scripture over myself and I welcome you to engage yourself in this Scripture over your life:

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

You are deeply loved dear sister.

Laura said...

Girl.. I read your post and I could do some shouting and really praising the LORD.
I love you girl and so honored to call you my siesta and a wonderful blessing in my life.

Love ya,
Laura

UL Cards Fan said...

Kimberly,
What a beautiful post. It is my honor to walk with you in this journey. Love, Linda

LisaShaw said...

Happy Mother's Day dear sister!