Monday, July 13, 2009

God is not Surprised

Wow-it has been quite a weekend! One that was filled with some laughter but mostly a lot of tears and anger. Life is sometimes just plain hard and as the Day of Christ draws nearer, I imagine it won't get a whole lot easier. Despite the happenings of the weekend, though, I know one thing that is true. God is not a bit surprised. He knew that one of my dearest friends would betray me and then lie to my face about it in such a way that it was undeniable that she was lying. He knew that one side of my family would turn against the other in anger to the point that one even refused to pray for the other. He knew that though we are stuck in the middle, we have to remain neutral. He knew that the children are the ones that will suffer. You know what? He even allowed it all to happen. So why now, with my knowledge that God is not surprised and that He allows all things to happen for a reason, do I feel such anger, disappointment, and sadness? Why do I feel so helpless and so responsible for things that I have absolutely no control over?

Lord, I just don't understand. Seems sometimes one thing happens right after another and it seems there is no time to breathe in between. Trust is so hard to come by, Lord and when someone dear to me betrays that trust, I just want to retreat even further inside myself. Lord, family is supposed to be the one group of people you can turn to but, Lord, even they have turned against each other now. Help me, Lord. Show me Your Plan. Show me Your Ways and teach me to walk in them. Come make me whole, Lord as only You know how to do. In Your Sweet Name I pray...

3 comments:

LisaShaw said...

I pray for God's divine intervention -- healing, reconciliation, wounds to be sealed, forgiveness, hearts to be opened to His workings and for comfort, peace and restoration where ever needed and for whomever needs it dear sister.

Blessings and peace to you...

LisaShaw said...

Kimberly, I received your comment on my FIT blog and I wanted you to know I said a prayer for you. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Love and blessings.

Christy said...

I know that this is old, however, I wanted to respond anyhow.

As I read your words, I couldn't help but to be reminded of instances where I've said these very words. I have had a hard time trusting people, and for quite some time I became quite recluse after having Ella. Seriously, I stayed home for two years. I quit talking to all of my friends. Even you, if you remember (which had nothing to do with you, btw. I was just going through some spiritual warfare that knocked me off of my rocker.). Recluse is a word you use often, and it absolutely suited me at that point in my life. I have come to understand that there isn't a person alive that isn't going to fail me at some point. I have had a tendency of putting people high upon pedestals. I've come to the realization, though, that God is the only one who's worthy enough for that position. I am happy to say that I am no longer recluse. I've been rehabilitated through Christ! :0) I don't trust everyone, but I know that I don't have to submit myself fully to anyone but the Lord so trust is not an issue as it was before.

I am not perfect and I will probably fail you, and have failed you at some point but I do love you. You are my precious sister in Christ and I feel blessed to have you in my life.

With all that being said, thanks for finally commenting on my blog! It gave me access to your blog, and I'm totally digging it! :0) I've got to continue reading on because your knowledge inspires me. :0)

Thanks, again, for inviting me to Christmas Traditions, tonight. It was such a blessing for this mama to finally get out of the house. It was all so beautiful and very much appreciated. Love you, my sweet friend.